K9: Obedience Training
Teaching Pets and Working Dogs to be Reliable and Free Thinking
Obedience is the foundation of any reliable, well-trained dog. Without obedience, working dogs are ineffective in operations and pet dogs can be annoying and possibly a danger to themselves or others. In K9 Obedience Training, veteran search and rescue (SAR) dog handler and trainer Susan Bulanda shares the secrets of building an effective obedience training program. SAR dogs need “thinking” obedience: they sometimes need to exercise intelligent disobedience in the field. You can use the same training program for any working or pet dog. For trainers who demand the best obedience training for future working dogs, Susan’s techniques lay the groundwork for success. And pet owners who want to help their dog be easy to be around will find lots of training tips and exercises too, along with straightforward advice on proper handling, grooming and teaching simple tricks.
"Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo."
$23.00 + $4.50 shipping
Certified Animal Behavior Consultant
- In practice since 1961
- Bachelor’s Degree, Psychology
- Master’s Degree, Education
- Graduate courses in Behavioral Sciences
- Certified Teacher, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Search and Rescue dog trainer and handler since 1981
- Head trainer, Phoenixville Fire Dept. K9 Search & Rescue
- Senior conformation Judge for United Kennel Club
- Adjunct Professor, Kutztown University
- Adjunct Professor, Carroll County Community College
I am available to speak to your group, club or organization.
Please contact me for scheduling and fees.
K9 Obedience Training
K9 Search and Rescue Troubleshooting